Here are a few tips I like to share when you’re thinking about what to wear for your e-session:
- I always recommend neutral, earthy tones. It keeps the focus on the subject & ensures that your images will be timeless.
- Avoid being too matchy-matchy. Gone are the days of both couples wearing white t-shirts and jeans. You’ll want what you wear to complement each other, not copy! (Using a pop of color to tie both of your outfits together always works well).
- For women, avoid shirts that are baggy or super-loose. Sometimes the camera can exaggerate the looseness in the clothing, which can cause one to appear more round than they really are.
- Feel free to bring an outfit change (one casual look, one dressy look). It’s always good to switch things up a bit and if we change locations, it will essentially be like you had two photoshoots.
- Solid colored clothing items are great, and if you want to bring in a pattern, have only one person wearing the pattern.
- Wear what you feel comfortable in. If you’re not comfortable in what you’re wearing, it often shows in the images.
- If wear heels, also bring flip-flops or other shoes that you can be more comfortable in while walking in-between shots.
- Try on everything a few days before the shoot. You’ll want to make sure your clothes fit correctly and you don’t have distractions from panty lines, bra straps, poor fitting clothing, or wrinkles!
Should I get my makeup professionally done?
- There are many benefits to getting your makeup done professionally:
- Makeup looks different on-camera than in-person, and a professional makeup artist will know how much more makeup you’ll need to show well on camera and make you look your best!
- Your skin will look better in-camera (I highly recommend that you use a makeup artist who airbrushes on their makeup), and you’ll be amazed how awesome your skin looks!
- It’s a great trial run for your wedding day! You can find out what works and what doesn’t, and make adjustments for your wedding day.
Should we bring props?
This is completely up to you! If there are certain items that reflect something about you guys or your story that you would like to incorporate into photos, bring them (hats, fun shoes, a pet, sports paraphernalia, a car, bicycles, etc.)! If you have any fun signs or other props for a great “save the date” shot for you to use, bring those as well. It’s completely up to you.
Is there anything else we should bring?
Bring finishing powder to help eliminate any shine on the skin, lipstick, hairspray and a brush for any flyaway hairs. Other than that you’re good to go! Be ready to have some fun!